- New play equipment has been installed at Generation Park! The new equipment features a slide structure, a 4-bay swing set including an ADA swing, and a spinning chair. Special thanks to the Langley Community Club for contributing $8,500 toward the new play structure. Bring the kids and check it out!
- On May 6th, Ordinance 1054 was passed by City Council to rezone 3 blocks of RS7200 between Park and DeBruyn to RS5000. Also included in the ordinance was the rezone of the 3rd Street Habitat for Humanity property from RS7200 to Residential Mixed. Click here to view the current zoning map.
- An Open House was held at Langley Methodist Church regarding proposed Short Term Rental (STR) regulations. A PowerPoint was presented and a question and answer session followed. The handouts available included the STR Framework, Legalizing an Existing STR Flowchart, and Growth of STRs. A summary of the verbal questions and comments can be viewed here. If you were unable to attend but would like to contribute your opinion, please fill out and return the questionnaire. Responses to the questionnaire can be viewed here. Responses received by email can be viewed here and here.
- A new GIS based mapping app, mapLangley, was recently finished. Here users can find everything from zoning and utility information to environmental and critical area data. An overview of the functions can be found in the sidebar. Questions and suggestions can be directed to Jill Needham at email@example.com
- The First Street/Complete Street Project was approved by Council on January 22nd. The project aims to promote walkability by offering safer pedestrian crossings and create a pedestrian oriented plaza at First & Anthes and at Boy and Dog Park. Three raised crosswalks will be added and the intersection at First & Anthes will be reconstructed. A concrete road surface will replace the existing asphalt and new sidewalks and storm drainage system will be added. The project will be scheduled outside of summer months. The bid drawings by PACE Engineering can be found here.
On Tuesday July 16th at 5:30 pm, the Planning Advisory Board will hold a public hearing on the proposed ordinance and code amendments regarding short term rentals.
Notice of a DNS for proposed code amendments to Ch. 15 of the Municipal Code to update state and national code references in Ch. 15.04 Building Code and to adopt Ch. 15.05 Property Maintenance Code to replace the out of date references to the Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings. SEPA checklist The comment period ends on June 26, 2019. Draft Ch. 15.04 and Ch. 15.05
Notice of Application for a proposed 896 sf single family residence located at 107 6th Street. The comment period ends June 12.
Comprehensive Plan Annual Amendment Applications will be accepted June 1st- August 15th. RCW 36.70A130(2) permits cities and counties to consider minor comprehensive plan amendments no more than once a year.
The PAB will hold a special meeting on May 29, 2019 to review the proposed STR code. The meeting will be held at City Hall at 3:00pm.
The Planning Advisory Board will hold an open public record hearing at 3:00pm Wednesday, June 5 at Langley Methodist Church. Full notice available here. See below for the DNS, SEPA checklist, ordinance, and proposed code amendments.
Notice of a DNS for the proposed short-term rental code amendments is issued on May 17, 2019 with a comment period until May 31, 2019. SEPA Checklist Here are links to the draft ordinance and code amendments.
Notice of a MDNS for the proposed Sandy Point Rd Short Plat is issued for April 30, 2019.
Notice of a DNS for an accessory building to be located at 914 Third St is issued on April 10, 2019 with a comment period until April 24, 2019. SEPA Checklist.
The Planning Advisory Board is holding a public hearing to consider public comments on the draft Zoning Map Amendments and related ordinance. The ordinance proposed to amend the official zoning map to change RS7200 to RM zone - mixed residential for the properties located at 843 Third St and to change the single and duplex family (RS7200) zone district to RS5000 for the properties located between First and Fourth Streets and Park and DeBruyn Avenues. The public hearing will be held on Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 3:00 PM. View the full public hearing notice here. The draft ordinance and proposed zoning map amendments can be found here. (originally posted 3/18/19 and revised 3/21/19)
Notice of a DNS for the proposed short plat on Sandy Point Road is issued on April 2, 2019 with a comment period until April 16, 2019.
Notice of MDNS and SEPA Checklist for the proposed short plat on Sandy Point Road. The proposal is to create four lots and one native growth protection tract, (posted 2/21/2019)
The MDNS issued on 2/21/2019 has been withdrawn 3/25/2019. A new determination will be made and will be reposted.
The final MDNS issued on 5/1/2019.
Notice of DNS and SEPA Checklist for the proposed Zoning Map Amendment ordinance to amend the official zoning map so as to change RS7200 to RM zone – mixed residential for the properties located at 843 Third Street and to change the single and duplex family (RS7200) zone district to RS5000 for the 45 properties located between first and Fourth Avenues and Park and Debruyn Avenues. (posted 2/20/2019)
For the most up to date information on Planning and Design in Langley visit our bog and consider signing up to receive updates at: