Our Vision, Mission, and Values (2020) Vision
Langley is an anti-racist City, functioning as an integral part of the just and equitable South Whidbey community.
The Dismantling Systemic Racism advisory group to the City of Langley seeks through engagement and action to:
- Dismantle systemic racism in Langley and on South Whidbey;
- Center the voices of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), and acknowledge the intersectionality of other structural disadvantages;
- Inspire and invoke structural change to create and sustain a safe, just, and equitable community;
- Hold the City of Langley accountable in its pursuit of dismantling systemic racism.
- We value equity and accessibility for all in our community, so that all may thrive and not just
- We value the centering of Black lives, because we understand that is how all lives are lifted.
- We value the practice of nothing about us without us - that no policy be decided by any representative without the full and direct participation of members of the community affected by that policy.
Dismantling Systemic Racism Advisory Group meets @ 4:30 every second and fourth Wednesday of the month. The meetings are virtual until further notice.
*Note: The DSR-AG will not be meeting on July 14th. The next meeting will be on July 28th.
Click to consult the City Calendar for scheduled meetings and events.
If you are interested in joining the DSR, please contact us! We have an immediate opening for a new member and another opening coming up in October.
*Hover the side menu to access the links below directly.
Communications to the DSR-AG can be sent to: email@example.com
*Please note: any communications sent to this email may be subject to public record.
Council Special Workshop:
Members of the Dismantling Systemic Racism Working Group are:
Matt Tamayo, Chair
Council Liaison: Christy Korrow
Council Liaison: Craig Cyr
Assigned Staff: Meredith Penny, Director of Community Planning